Schedule of events in the week for 12-18 March12. 3. 2012
MONDAY, 12 March
- LJUBLJANA - The ZZZS, Slovenia's biggest trade union federation, will hold a press conference to speak about the government's proposals for changes to income tax.
- VELENJE - Home appliance maker Gorenje will present results for 2011 and plans for this year.
- LJUBLJANA - President Danilo Türk will receive members of the Slovenian biathlon team.
TUESDAY, 13 March
- LJUBLJANA - The parliamentary Intelligence Oversight Commission will debate reports for the work of the police and security services in 2011 and plans for this year.
- LJUBLJANA - The parliamentary Finance and Monetary Policy Committee will debate the government-sponsored changes to the act on management of state assets.
- LJUBLJANA - Minister for Slovenians Abroad Ljudmila Novak will receive Turkish Ambassador Derya Kanay.
- GORNJA RADGONA - A round table will debate self sufficiency in food production; to be attended by Minister of Agriculture and Environment Franc Bogovič and his predecessor Dejan Židan.
- MURSKA SOBOTA - Food group Panvita will unveil results for 2011 and plans for this year at a press conference.
- LJUBLJANA - The 2012 Cultural Bazaar will be held, showcasing more than 200 cultural institutions and artists from around Slovenia.
- BRUSSELS, Belgium - The EU Council for Economic and Financial Affairs will be in session.
WEDNESDAY, 14 March
- LJUBLJANA - The National Assembly will resume an emergency session started on 9 March to debate government-sponsored changes to the act on management of state assets.
- LJUBLJANA - The parliamentary EU Affairs and Foreign Policy committees will hold a joint session to debate the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.
- LAŠKO - The supervisors of Pivovarna Laško will be in session to discuss the brewers operations, disinvestment plans and reprogramming of loans.
- MARIBOR - The Maribor City Council will be in session to debate the city's budget for this year.
- PETROVČE - Dairy Mlekarne Celeia will hold a debate on the use of GMOs in Slovenia, which will feature officials from the Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment.
- LJUBLJANA - A two-day international conference will get underway in memory of the victims of the 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami tragedy.
- GORIZIA, Italy - President Danilo Türk will hold a meeting with Premier of Italy's Friuli Venezia Giulia region Renzo Tondo and representatives of the Slovenian minority in Italy.
THURSDAY, 15 March
- LJUBLJANA - The cabinet is scheduled to hold its weekly session.
- LJUBLJANA - Ljubljana city authorities will present measures to improve the quality of air in the city as part of a project managed by Civitas Elan.
- LJUBLJANA - The Statistics Office will present quality of life indicators for Slovenia.
- LJUBLJANA - A round table on hate speech in the media will feature Human Rights Ombudsman Zdenka Čebašek Travnik and Information Commissioner Nataša Pirc Musar.
- GORIZIA, Italy - Minister for Slovenians Abroad Ljudmila Novak will meet youth representatives of the Slovenian minority in Italy.
FRIDAY, 16 March
- BRUSSELS, Belgium - Economic Development and Technology Minister Radovan Žerjav is expected to be on hand as EU trade ministers debate the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA).
- LJUBLJANA - The parliamentary EU Affairs Committee and Commission for Public Finance Oversight will be acquainted with the report of the European Court of Audit on the implementation of the 2010 budget.đ
- KRANJ - A ceremony will be held prior to the departure of the 25th rotation of Slovenian troops to Kosovo.
- RATEČE - The World Cup finale in sky flying will be held; running until Sunday.
SATURDAY, 17 March
- LJUBLJANA - The Viktor media popularity awards will be handed out at a ceremony.
SUNDAY, 18 March
- RATEČE - President Danilo Türk will be on hand for the final World Cup sky flying meet of the season.
- KIELCE, Poland - Slovenian men's handball champions Cimos Koper will play Vive Targi Kielce in the first leg of the top 16 round of the EHF Champions League.